When we talk about foundations, there are various types that we can use depending on the structural design. The types of foundations are: Isolated footing, Combined Footing, Mat Foundations, Strap Foundations, Bored Pile, Pile Drive etc.
In our project we do have usually Isolated footing foundations. When I was in my previous company we had Mat Foundation which I’m going to write a method statement later. So I’m going to share to you the Method Statement or Procedure on how we’ll going to pour concrete on footing foundation.
Here is the Method Statement for Footing Concrete Pouring
Method Statement for Footing Concrete Pouring
The purpose of this Method Statement is to describe the measures and ways of completing concrete pour work for footings on this project. The works shall be carried out in compliance with the drawings and project specification.
3. Work Procedure
- It is intended to cut and bend rebar on site as per the bar bending schedules.
- Some footings are composed of top and bottom reinforcement, the bottom bars shall be supported with concrete block or spacer of correct thickness.
- Inspection Request ( IR ) would be submitted for steel reinforcement for checking and approval of the Engineer prior to concrete casting.
- Make sure that the area within the shutter to be poured with concrete is cleaned. Remove all rubbish, dirt, and any other deleterious material via air compressor.
- Inspection Request can be submitted to the Engineer or Consultant for approval of fixed steel reinforcement and installed forms, if casting shall not take place on the same day.
- Readymade concrete shall be provided from batching plant approved by the Engineer. The rate of concrete supply shall be 30 to 50 Cubic Meter per hour.
- The required number of concrete pumps will be available on site; extra pump will be on standby ready for any incident circumstances.
- Concrete vibrators shall be ready to use at time of receiving concrete. Number of vibrators shall be depending on concreted area to improve well compaction for concrete pump.
- Computerized delivery ticket shall be checked for conformity as per the approved design mix.
- Slump and temperature shall be carried out from each concrete truck mixer.
- Slump shall not more than 150mm and not less than 100mm as per Engineers instruction and approval. Temperature of fresh concrete shall not more than 30 deg. Celsius as per BS Standard.
- All data required for daily concrete schedule sheet will be recorded in the daily concrete pour card.
- Concrete at truck mixer shall not exceed more than 90 minutes from leaving batching plant.
- On acceptance, mix shall be directly unloaded in the concrete pumps. Care shall be taken to make sure that concrete mix is not dropping from more than a height of 2 meter.
- Concrete when introduced to the footing at first level of 400mm shall then be vibrated, the same shall be done for the succeeding layer of concrete until footing top level is reached.
- When concrete reach proposed level; hand trowelling should carry out to get a smooth surface according to the top footing level.
- When the concrete is cured it shall then be applied with water proofing system in accordance to the specification.
- For approval: Inspection request would be submitted to the Engineer or Consultant for the concrete pouring approval.
- All works shall comply with safety procedure or instruction set out in project safety plan and Municipality rules and regulations.
- Basic PPE to worn by all staff and laborers.
- Trained operator and banks man will be engaged to control or operate heavy equipment machine.
5. Equipment and Tools
- Concrete pump
- Truck Mixer
- Boom loader
- Concrete Vibrators
- Wheel borrow
- Surveying instrument
- Metal tape
- Slump cone
- Slump tray
6. Materials and Reference
- C40/20 Concrete Grade with 70-80% GGBS
- Deformed Bars: 20mm dia., 16mm dia., 10mm dia.
The material mentioned above are as per our project specification, please read your project specs before writing method statement.
If you have any further comment or suggestion on the above method statement, you may write it down or leave a reply below.