After completion of compaction and application of Anti-termite, the blinding shall then be cast.
But the QA/QC Engineer shall take first the approval of the applications of Anti-termite from the Engineer by submitting an Inspection Request ( IR ).
Here is the Method Statement of this activity:
- Method Statement for Blinding Works
2. Purpose and scope
- The purpose of this is to describe the measures and ways of doing blinding works on our project site. Works shall be carried out in compliance with the drawing and project specifications.
3. Work Procedure (Blinding)
- Setting out
- [Company] surveyor would conduct a site survey to stake-out the lines and levels of the areas of the blinding to be cast. The mark shall be as per the approved drawing.
- After getting compaction test results which shall be equal or above the 95 percent of the Maximum Dry Density.
- The shuttering form on the blinding must be fixed, aligned and leveled properly before start pouring concrete.
- The Engineer must check the setting out, dimensions, alignment, thickeness and the level for the shutter of the blinding through inspection request from the contractor.
- The Anti-termite shall be sprayed on the compacted blinding area by using the approved materials and works will be as per approved Anti-termite method statement.
- The newly placed Anti-termite shall be properly covered by using an approved polythene sheet commonly with a 1000 gauge thickness.
- The concrete must cast within 24 hours after the Anti-termite has been placed.
- The contractor must prepare a sketch showing the casting areas, pump and trucks access, pump location, concrete trucks checkpoints and submit to the Engineer.
- Skilled laborers provided with all safety requirements such s safety helmet, overalls, safety shoes, goggles. gloves, vests, etc.
- Safety precautions shall be taken into considerations starting from the site entrance gate including the pump and trucks access to the surrounding of the casting area.
- Proper light must be available for when of concrete pouring at night.
- The concrete trucks must unload the concrete within One-and-a-half hours from the batch loading time.
- The blinding thickness shall be achieved as per drawing or specification.
- The cast blinding shall be cured properly with covering wet hessian clothe.
- Concrete must be cured of two to three times daily for a period of 7 days.
- The blinding shall then be protected with a safety warning device to prevent the cast blinding from damages that may cause by the working machinery.
- The surface of blinding shall be made smooth, repair of thermal cracks and make true leveling to receive waterproofing bitumen.
- All works shall comply with the safety procedure or instruction as set out in project safety plan and municipality rules and regulations.
- Basic PPE shall be worn by all staff or laborers.
- Trained operators or banksman would be engaged to control or operate heavy equipment machines.
5. Equipment and Tools
- Heavy Equipment – Truck mixer, Concrete Pump, Boom Loader
- Activities Equipment – Wheel borrow, Surveying Instrument, Metal Tape
6. Materials and Reference
- Materials – 20 Mpa Blinding Concrete (C20/20 Grade)
- Reference – Specification Section – Concrete Works, Drawings
- How To Do A Compaction Test Or In-Situ Density Test
- How To Calculate A Compaction Test Report
- Method Statement for Anti-termite Treatment
The Inspection and Test Plan shall be made together with the Checklist.
Engineers may subscribe to get the new post of Method Statement directs into your inbox.