I have written the qualifications of a QA/QC Engineer in the earlier post click here actually there are few more but for me, they are the best qualifications of all.
Here, now I will write down the duties and responsibilities I performed in my daily routine at my current level in this field.
Let me consider as one level every contract, there are three years for every contract and that is the rules here in the United Arab Emirates. So, in other words, my duties and responsibilities in my previous level (first contract) is not as much as in the current level because you know at my level now I can say I can do all the tasks that a QA/QC Engineer has to be done, I can perform with my own ability without a supervisor.
Here are my D&R at my present position as QA/QC Engineer, at my sixth-year experience in the UAE. Please note that when you are a first timer in abroad even though you already have years of experience from your country you will have zero experience like here in the UAE. I don’t know if it is the same in other countries.
- Perform all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Cary out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the site and ensures activity at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Coordinate with the consultant’s representative and Site En-charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Report to the QA/QC Manager, control, and monitor all activities related to Quality Management System, QMS.
- Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instruction, SI.
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Develop method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Carry out Internal Audit at the site as scheduled in the Project Quality Plan, PQP.
- Liaise the Technical Engineer for submission of material submittals to Consultant.
So for the newbies, you might want to consider these and apply into your current job status. I may say “start discovering and performing the new task”. They said, “If you learn more you’ll earn more”.
If you can notice I also make material submittals but in fact, it’s out of the tasks of a QA/QC Engineer but I did that because I want to learn.
The opposite of having more knowledge is having a good salary offer, because if you have more knowledge and more experience and in return more salary offer that you can receive.
So good luck for your success!
Image courtesy of Ambro/FreeDigitalPhotos.net